Cannonball Core (Outrun) Save Settings

This core is great :heart_eyes:. I want to take the chance to thank everyone involved in this, it means a lot to me .

On Topic: Core’s own settings work fine but they won’t be saved. I got no log messages, errors or info about it. Does it read a external file for those settings?. Can I override defaults (without building the core)?.

Great ? It’s great to play Outrun with “digital” steering and acceleration/brake ? Epic fail…

Talk about negativity/narrow view… Work on this core started just 4 days ago…

Here you can see what to expect from this soon:

Ok, maybe my comment is a bit “over-negative” :stuck_out_tongue: Great core, greater game but please support analog, without that this core is a bit useless… (in my opinion)

Does the latest core work for anyone? It exits RetroArch when i run it. Previous versions did run.

We’re working on getting it to work with overrides and remaps by making it no longer load contentless. So, instead, make an empty text file named ‘cannonball.game’ and put it in the same directory as your outrun files, then load it with the core.

1 Like

A file called 'config.xml' gets written to the working directory everytime I choose 'SAVE AND RETURN' in-game option but the file doesn’t seem to be read when I close RetroArch and run it again.