Cannot get cheats to work

Good Evening I am attempting to get cheats to work. I created a file via the terminal for a game I am playing with the command nano /tmp/database/cht/“Sony - PlayStation”/“Xenogears.cht”. Then i edited in the cheat with the following format: cheats = 1

cheat0_desc = "description " cheat0_code = “8006DBE4+0001” cheat0_enable = “false”

Am I missing something? I cannot get the cheats to work for some reason

Unfortunately Beetle/Mednafen PSX does not support cheat codes. Sadness.

That is unfortunate, I wonder if a fix of any kind is being considered? That is half the fun in playing the older games for me

Beetle PSX does in fact support cheats, but when I put in that cheat, I got the following error message: RetroArch [libretro ERROR] :: [Mednafen]: Invalid character in GameShark code: +. I got no error when I replaced the + with a space. I’m going to submit a pull request adding + to the list of characters to ignore so that in future releases you won’t have to replace + signs.

Thank you I’ll try that, I used the plus because that’s the format I used in the past with retropie

Still doesn’t work properly. Must be something else it doesn’t like I’m going to have to play with it. Thank you though

I was wrong after all! Hurray! Sorry about that, last time i checked they didn’t work so i assumed that was still the case. The problem though is the way the cheats are currently formated. Multi-part cheats such as the one below:

cheat2_desc = “Max Zenny” cheat2_code = “800C1B2C+423F+800C1B2E+000F” cheat2_enable = false

Will not work they way they are. Instead they have to be split up into two parts.

cheat2_desc = “Max Zenny” cheat2_code = “800C1B2C 423F” cheat2_enable = false

cheat3_desc = “Max Zenny” cheat3_code = “800C1B2E 000F” cheat3_enable = false

That works. At least that’s how i got it to work on my end.

Still not working for me I wonder if there is a config I need to change. I followed that format only difference is the Cheats = 2 Line above

I am not sure what the problem could be other then a bad code or incorrect region. Have you tried with a different emulator to see if it works?

To be honest I considered that but I am not sure how to. I was planning on looking into how first

You could grab EPSXE and try it on that.

Hello dud this kind of cheats code that you have in the post I mean this one bellow:

cheats = 1

cheat0_desc = "description " cheat0_code = “8006DBE4+0001” cheat0_enable = “false”

this kind of cheat coding works with Epsxe Emulator perfectly, I don’t know if it’s working with another emulators but I’m sure it’s not working with the Retroarch Emulator so:

in order to make it working with Retroarch Emulator you have to change the cheats writing but not like the way that “Arviel” in his reply so:

You have to replace the “+” with “:” for E.g. In mortal Kombat Trilogy (USA) (v1.1) (Serial: SLUS-00330)

cheats = 1 cheat0_desc = “Infinite Health P1” cheat0_code = “80032146:00A6” cheat0_enable = false

this one above is single code cheat as you can see, you may ask what about the multi codes cheats for E.g.

cheat11_desc = “50% Energy P1” cheat11_code = “D0032146+00A6+80032146+0053” cheat11_enable = false

you have to change it to this format:

cheat11_desc = “50% Energy P1” cheat11_code = “D0032146:00A6” cheat11_enable = false

cheat12_desc = “50% Energy P1” cheat12_code = “80032146:0053” cheat12_enable = false

as you can see the cheat divided into two parts “the parts depends on how many codes in the cheat for E.g. if there are 3 codes so the cheat have to be in 3 parts”

I know it’s messy or expanded but at least it can do the job for now until we find another way to write it.

Thanx a lot.

don’t forget to pay attention to the game region, version and serial cause if you don’t it’ll never works with you.

Thanks a lot, I wasn’t sure what it was but the input in that space one I discovered the plus was wrong I was curious if it may have something to do with that.

I was able to fix my issue by using the format with a “:” and by changing emulators in the playlist settings menu then deleting the playlist from the Samba and rescanning it. The path ended up being wrong in the playlist when trying to play after removing my playlist USB with my roms and trying to play again. The USB path was off “dd1” instead of “dc1” for the USB I had to open the playlist from the Samba in notepad++ and edit it. Now I can enter custom cheats and Ps1 works wonderfully. Thanks again