Cannot get mednafen psx core to load cue/img|bin

So, this is the procedure I followed.

Grabbed the 1.2.2 winx64 build (also tried nightlies). extracted -> ran retroarch.exe went to the Online Updater. Downloaded the ‘PlayStation (Mednafen PSX)’ core Went back to the main menu and loaded that core. Went to Settings->Directory->System/BIOS Dir and set it to {retroarch}\system. (Which is where I placed the working 5500, 5501, 5502 bios files) Went back to the main menu and went to ‘Load Content’. Selected my cue file

blah.cue:
FILE "TombRaider.img" BINARY
   TRACK 01 MODE2/2352
   INDEX 01 00:00:00

The TombRaider.img file was in the same folder.

But when it attempts to run, retroarch crashes with:

RetroArch [libretro INFO] ::  :: Loading C:\Games\ePSXe\isos\TombRaiderGreatestHits\blah.cue...
RetroArch [libretro ERROR] ::  :: Error opening file No such file or directory
RetroArch [libretro ERROR] ::  :: Error opening CD.
RetroArch [ERROR] :: Failed to load content.

Now, while I have been loading this fine with ePSXe, I know that things are handled differently in retroarch, so I downloaded Mednafen itself. Using the same bios files and the same cue/img files, Mednafen opened and ran the game just fine.This happens with every cue/img/bin I try. It doesn’t even matter if I go in to the cue file and change the img (I also tried rips with cue/bin files) name to something completely invalid. I just get the same error. I’m completely at a loss.

So I just don’t know what I’m doing wrong here.

Thanks

Got a similar problem with mednafen/psx, no game would start. I’m starting with the command (with quote signs) “D:\PATH\retroarch --fullscreen --config D:\PATH\retroarch.cfg --appendconfig D:\PATH\configs\psx.cfg -L D:\PATH\cores\mednafen_psx_libretro.dll D:\PATH\Games\Gex3D.cue”

Same command works with old Retroarch-Installation in the same, renamed directorys. scph5500.bin to 5502 are in the SYSTEM-Dir

Got a similar problem with mednafen/psx, no game would start. I’m starting with the command (with quote signs) “D:\PATH\retroarch --fullscreen --config D:\PATH\retroarch.cfg --appendconfig D:\PATH\configs\psx.cfg -L D:\PATH\cores\mednafen_psx_libretro.dll D:\PATH\Games\Gex3D.cue”

Same command works with old Retroarch-Installation in the same, renamed directorys. scph5501.bin is in the SYSTEM-Dir

[QUOTE=Rabayn;26750]So, this is the procedure I followed.

Grabbed the 1.2.2 winx64 build (also tried nightlies). extracted -> ran retroarch.exe went to the Online Updater. Downloaded the ‘PlayStation (Mednafen PSX)’ core Went back to the main menu and loaded that core. Went to Settings->Directory->System/BIOS Dir and set it to {retroarch}\system. (Which is where I placed the working 5500, 5501, 5502 bios files) Went back to the main menu and went to ‘Load Content’. Selected my cue file

blah.cue:
FILE "TombRaider.img" BINARY
   TRACK 01 MODE2/2352
   INDEX 01 00:00:00

The TombRaider.img file was in the same folder.

But when it attempts to run, retroarch crashes with:

RetroArch [libretro INFO] ::  :: Loading C:\Games\ePSXe\isos\TombRaiderGreatestHits\blah.cue...
RetroArch [libretro ERROR] ::  :: Error opening file No such file or directory
RetroArch [libretro ERROR] ::  :: Error opening CD.
RetroArch [ERROR] :: Failed to load content.

Now, while I have been loading this fine with ePSXe, I know that things are handled differently in retroarch, so I downloaded Mednafen itself. Using the same bios files and the same cue/img files, Mednafen opened and ran the game just fine.This happens with every cue/img/bin I try. It doesn’t even matter if I go in to the cue file and change the img (I also tried rips with cue/bin files) name to something completely invalid. I just get the same error. I’m completely at a loss.

So I just don’t know what I’m doing wrong here.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

I’m doing exactly the same thing with the same game now and same behavior: crash every single time. BTW, where did you find your log? (“code” in your previous message)

Yeah, behavior confirmed here. looks to be a regression with mednafen-psx. I’ll investigate.

[QUOTE=Mydriaze;26756]I’m doing exactly the same thing with the same game now and same behavior: crash every single time. BTW, where did you find your log? (“code” in your previous message)[/QUOTE]

It outputs the errors to the console when you run:

retroarch --menu --verbose

[QUOTE=Rabayn;26764]It outputs the errors to the console when you run:

retroarch --menu --verbose[/QUOTE]

Thanks a lot, but i’m on Windows.

Me too… =)

In Windows <= 7: Start Menu -> Run -> type “cmd” In Windows 8 Hunt down the cmd.exe link somewhere in the “lovely” start screen I guess ( I never used 8 ) In Windows 8.1 Right click “Start button thingy” -> Run -> type “cmd”

In the newly opened command window cd c:{Whatever}\RetroArch retroarch --menu --verbose

retroarch then outputs the diagnostic messages in that cmd window.

I’m having the same issue but I noticed that .ccd .img files load. I’m running Windows 10.

EDIT: Problem solved ^^

looks like bin/cue loading works again now in the latest mednafen-psx build.

cane get me those three bios files please ,mine are not working

Don’t ask for BIOS images here, please. They are copyrighted just like game ROMs.