Cannot get PSX emulation working

Hi everyone, I’m about at my wits end here. Decided to come to the source. I’ve tried the following on multiple computers, with multiple BIOS files, with multiple roms, and it’s not working. So clearly I’m messing up somewhere in my process, or there’s a glitch in all of my PC’s. Here’s the problem:

No matter where I put the BIOS files (SCPH55001, SCPH5502, SCPH55552), in the system folder, content folder, making a bios folder (and of course directing Retroarch to where the BIOS files are), Retroarch will always crash and throw an error that says,

“This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application’s support team for more information.”

I’ve triple checked that my CUE and BIN files match and point to each other, I’ve tried different ones, I’ve tried every solution I could possibly find.

Does anyone else have any ideas?

Load the core (but not any content yet) and then go to info > core info and see if RetroArch is finding your BIOS files. If not, that’s your problem. If it is finding them, try launching retroarch_debug.exe from a command line with --menu --verbose and it should print the actual error to the console window, which will help narrow down the issue.

Oh that’s it!! How do I fix this?!?!

The files need to have the exact same names and checksums as those listed in the core info and they need to go into the ‘system’ folder. Make sure your system/bios directory is set correctly in settings > directories.

You sir… are my literal actual hero. I love you. My emulation machine is now perfect. I can never ever repay you for your greatness. Ever.

If anyone has this problem in the future, I had to make sure I had the exact checksums (which are listed in retroarch in the core information menu), then I had to create a bios folder IN the system folder in retroarch. Then direct retroarch to that folder.

It now works perfectly. I-I owe you everything hunterk…

Glad you got it going :slight_smile:

While I have a literal genius on the line here (seriously you are my hero), do you have any ideas on how to add background music to emulationstation ala like recal box. If not that is totally fine, I just don’t have any good clues on how to implement something like that. My station is complete regardless. You are the MAN

I’ve never actually used EmulationStation, so I can’t be any help there. Sorry :frowning: