Cannot navigate XMB with Xbox 360 controller

I’m coming from Android RA where I use a Moga bluetooth controller. I am trying to set up an Xbox 360 wireless controller for PC but am having troubles. I have managed to navigate the XMB with it, but after I changed the A&B buttons around (to traditional xbox style: A as select, B as back), I was no longer able to select, only navigate.

I tried manually inputting information into the config using my Android config, but it didn’t work. I realized the inputs from my Moga are probably different to the 360.

So I started over with a clean install, but now I cannot get RA to recognize any inputs from the controller at all. The RA window is in focus and the controller is connected to the 360 wireless adapter, but I get no response in the XMB.

When you connect the controller, does it print any messages about it being recognized?

Yeah it said a few things, but went through them too quickly to remember. I actually figured out why i wasn’t getting any signal from the controller, it was because I had a bluetooth dongle connected and enabled. I had to disable it in the Device Manager for the 360’s wireless receiver to take control.

As for the controller mapping, I finally got it. Instead of mapping each button individually, I just used the ‘Bind All’ option which helps avoid complications :]