Cannot play large PGM games on WiiU

I am using the latest 1.8.1 rpx version. Large PGM games (such as Knights of Valor 2, The Gladiator) are not playable. I have tried FB Alpha 2012 and FinalBurn Neo cores. In FB Alpha 2012 core, RA crashes. In FinalBurn Neo core, these games can be loaded but freeze after starting. Small PGM game such as Knight of Valor is running ok in FB Alpha 2012 core, but has broken sound in FinalBurn Neo core. WiiU has 2GB memory, and it can successfully handle large NEOGEO and CPS3 games. I believe memory shouldn’t be a problem.

1 Like

Same Problem with Me DDPDOJ and KETSUI and ESPGALUDA Only Playable with Sound Lacks

@zhuwz most pgm big-endian issues were fixed by https://github.com/finalburnneo/FBNeo/commit/9814ba7665c77384df428e58782f9bd4ccf880fa (at the very least theglad and kov2 now work properly on big-endian hardware such as wiiu & ps3)

Edit : turns out the games are now playable but the sound isn’t fixed

it needs testers, but fbneo should be fine with pgm games on big-endian hardware now

I tested kov2 and theglad on the 1.9.0 stable version. These games are now playable with normal sound on FBNeo core. But game speed is not satisfactory. Small PGM game such as kov, which can run in full speed on FBA 2012 core, is also running slow on FBNeo core. It is quite strange that CPS3 games have almost identical good performance on both FBA 2012 and FBNeo core, while PGM games have much worse performance on FBNeo than FBA 2012. Is it possible to speed them up on FBNeo core? Anyway, thanks for updating.

I don’t know if it’s strange or not, both systems got quite a lot of improvements over the past 9 years, the ones on PGM probably got a worse impact on performance.

It should be possible to improve performance a bit by downclocking cpu clock (so, below 100) and/or enabling frameskip in core options.