Cannot Start "Powder Toy" core

I figure I would try out the Powder Toy core, but when I load the core, I do not get a ‘Start Core’ option, and my text on the lower left of my screen still shows either ‘No Core’, or whatever core I had loaded previously. I’m on Retroarch 1.8.1 . All of my other cores seem to work fine.

Thanks for any help!

Can you post a log of you trying and failing to load the core?

@hunterk, I am trying, but it does not seem to log any data to the log file when attempting to load the Powder Toy core. If I load a core before it, it will post data to the log file, but nothing concerning the Powder Toy core if I close the previous core and try to load Powder Toy.

I’m using .\retroarch.exe --log-file .\retroarch-log.txt -v to create the log file

hmm, ok. I’ll just have to try it next time I’m around a Windows machine and see if I can reproduce.

1 Like

@hunterk, I had ran across another error while playing with a different core and couldn’t get Retroarch to stay open, so I deleted / reinstalled Retroarch, and now PowderToy seems to be working fine. I have the ‘Start Core’ option available and can get into the program. Perhaps something in a config file could have caused the issue? I’m clueless, but it’s working now at least.

1 Like