Cannot use Select button in-game (Moga Pro Power controller)

Hi, I’ve got an issue with the Select button on my Moga Pro Power controller. When mapping the buttons on the controller to Retroarch, pressing the Select button on my Moga shows up as 'Back", instead of something like ‘Select button’.

If i choose not to map the Select button at all, pressing Select on the Moga in a game causes Retroarch to either ‘Quit’, or it pulls up the ‘RGUI’, depending on what is selected in Settings. This can be really useful for quick saving and loading, but Select cannot be used properly in-game. In the case of the Tomb Raider games, the inventory can’t be pulled up (can’t use Medipacks). In the case of Castlevania SOTN, the castle map cannot be viewed.

When mapping Select as “Back”, the game will either respond to Select normally, or it will freeze up. It mostly freezes.

I kinda wish Retroarch didn’t respond to ‘Back’ at all.

That’s how it’s mapped in android, it’s mapped as back since it’s a native android gamepad. I guess you’re using a really old version though, try with the nightlies

That’s how it’s mapped in android, it’s mapped as back since it’s a native android gamepad. I guess you’re using a really old version though, try with the nightlies

I’m only using the version that the Google Play store offers, which is v1.0.0.

I also don’t know where to find these nightlies, could you link me to them? Will using a nightly break my saves in any way?

http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/android/ Nightlies does not break your savegame (but better backup them XD)

Hi Kyosan, do i download just the apk, or do i need other files as well? There are Assets, Beta, Cores, etc

just the apk, you can dowload cores from within the app now

Oh okay, that’s awesome! :smiley: