Can't add content or scan

In the new 1.2 update, I go to Add Content, then scan Directories and once it finishes scanning, nothing happens. I can’t get any collections or anything to load. Also I have no clue where I am able to change the menu display modes. Anyone have any clue what I need to do to get this stuff working?

For menu display modes, I assume you mean the different menus? If so, go to settings > driver settings and change the ‘menu driver’ setting.

For scanning content, they only detect no-intro ROMs, so if you’re using other sets some/all of your content may get missed.

I’m also having a similar problem with adding content in 1.2. FBA (maybe mame too?) roms and bin\iso’s for sega cd/pc-engine cd won’t show up. They play fine.I wonder if i have the wrong sets or it just doesn’t work in 1.2? The no-intro sets of nes/snes/gen/32x/pce I have work just fine.

CD scanning hasn’t been implemented yet. It would take forever to CRC hash 700MB images, so we’re going to have to some up with some other plan for them.

How about simply reading CRC values from zipped images?

Yeah, we talked about that (and we may be doing that for compressed archives, already; I haven’t actually checked), but we need a solution for unzipped images, as well.

Can (7z) compressed items be scanned to library by now?