Cant control anything

is anyone having trouble with the controlling and toggling options, evertime I try to change anything it only toggles the option at the very touch, I cant even change the gamepad overlays, please help

Yeah, itā€™s a known issue with menu touch support. Weā€™re pushing out a hotfix release very soon. In the meantime, if you can manage to get the overlay gamepad controls enabled in the menu, they should be unaffected.

i cant move anything or select anything upon installation. mouse doesnt work. keyboard doesnt work and tested a few controllers none of which have worked. this seems like itā€™s impossible to use

Have you tried uninstalling and then reinstalling?

So, having an issue with Retroarch for Android. Iā€™m trying to modify the controls for the PPSSPP core. Iā€™m in that menu and am trying to swap L1 and R1 for a game. The interface lets me change L1 to R1 but when I try to cycle through the choices to change R1 to L1, the lists ends at R3 button (thumb) and will not cycle through again. I tried to do a hard press like how I can change the State Slot back to 0 but nothing works. Something online referenced left and right swipes but no go. Iā€™m trying to swap these buttons because Iā€™ve found no help with modifying the overlay itself. The github FAQs no longer work also.

The documentation for the overlay format is available here: https://github.com/libretro/docs/blob/1331b0c296b28a9567b9d54e786a54ef0ddb0843/docs/specs/overlay.md

Modifying them is actually very easy. Just open the cfg file for the desired overlay in a text editor and find where the R and L buttons are assigned and swap them.

As for your specific problem you described, I donā€™t think thereā€™s any good way to go backward with the touch menu controls, but if you go to settings > onscreen display > onscreen overlay and disable the ā€˜hide overlays in menuā€™ option, it should show the control overlay while youā€™re in the menu and you should be able to use the virtual gamepad to decrement options by pressing ā€˜leftā€™.

Thanks for prompt, informative response. I was able to enable the overlay in-menu and change what I needed. However, I first tried to modify the .cfg files but on android they are saved as .opt. 3 separate file explorers didnā€™t recognize them, only upon connecting my Kindle to a Windows-running laptop was I able to modify/open them via Notepad. Initially, the PSP subfolder wasnā€™t even appearing in the directory even though via Winzip in my Kindle, it was clearly there. I copied the .opt to the PSArmed Core folder to be able to access it. Inside both ".cfg"s, the PSPā€™s config and a Core remap file, there was nothing in the strings of code about controller input designations. I solved my issue, like I said, but I thought Iā€™d relay these complications to you for your benefit.

1 Like

Hello, Iā€™ve got same problem. Iā€™ve got Android based TV box (Amiko A4) and installed RetroArch from Google Play yesterday. The Android TV Box has TV like IR remote to control it. With this Remote Control after starting RetroArch and after push of any button, Iā€™ve got following error, for which I havenā€™t found any solution on the internet that would be helpful for my cause.

0% - Android gamepad configured in port #0 100% = Android gamepad not configured (1/1), using fallback.

I connected remote keyboard and mouse via USB port of the TV Box, this is Wifi based, which works fine with other apps. But with this the RetroArch seem not to respond at all.

was the issue already resolved since the 1st post?

Version installed is 1.6.7

Thanks

or is there a guide how to change the CFG file to accept physical keyboard?

You donā€™t need to do anything to the config to make it look for keyboards. Try using the keyboard without pressing any buttons on the remote.

Did already, perhaps I wasnā€™t clear enough, no response from keyboard even without pressing buttons on remote.

If it helps, itā€™s detected as Chicony 2.4G Multimedia Wireless Kit by Kodi and it was shipped with Acer Revo back in the days.

Iā€™ve got update. I tried 1.5, 1.6 and 1.4. with 1.5 and 1.6 same behavior. with 1.4 at least mouse (part of the keyboard kit) is working.

ok, I give upā€¦ is there a keyboard/controller that actually works with this ehm?

Typically any old USB keyboard works fine. Do you have any gamepads you could try?

well, I was thinking to, but then itā€™s pointless to have wired usb keyboard hooked up to htpc ā€œgaming rigā€. but yes, itā€™s worth to try if the android box isnā€™t culprit. Iā€™ll let you know.

well, the idea would be to use it just long enough to set up your other input devices.