Can't exit Mednafen PSX HC full screen without hard crash!

I’m running the Mednafen HW core & Vulkan driver with various PlayStation bin/cues at 4X internal resolution and though the framerates are excellent and it looks great, when I try to exit Retroarch in full screen, I get a black screen and my Windows 10 (x64) desktop locks up and I have to completely reboot my computer. It doesn’t happen in windowed mode just full screen. I’m running a i5 quad core 3,900 MHz cpu with a GTX 1070 video with Nvidia 376.33 drivers so I have plenty of power. What could be wrong? Only happens with the Mednafen HW core with Vulkan driver. I’ve updated my cores and I’m on Retroarch 1.4.0.

Try turning off Windowed Fullscreen in Video Settings. I have to do that when I mess with Vulkan. If I don’t, when I exit RA I also get stuck on a black screen. It seems to be something wrong with NVidia’s Vulkan drivers, where it forces 120hz/144hz monitors to 60hz mode and if you are in Windowed Fullscreen it doesn’t come back to 120hz/144hz properly on exit.

1 Like

Thanks, bro. That did the trick. That was going to be my next troubleshooting step, disabling borderless window screen, and just using Full Screen, but you saved me a few hours :slight_smile:

1 Like