Can't exit text input window

Hi,

Whenver I enter any screen that allows text typing ie. search window, custom username - I cannot exit that window. As soon as I type something and accept it - the input field disappears and reappears immediatly. When the window is gone for a brief moment I can’t use any other keys until the input window appears again. The only solution that I found is to force close the Retroarch.

Does anyone else has the same issue?

retropad-start should close the text input window. Is it possible something is spamming retropad-Y (the search hotkey)?

I’m pretty sure that nothing is spamming any buttons. It’s a brand new installation and everythings working perfectly until I open any of the windows allowing for inputing any text. I’ve seen this issue on my friends Vita, but thought it must be some vita-specific bug. Now it happened to me, on my Switch and I’m kinda out of ideas. I was thinking about possibility of blocking the retropad-Y shortcut somehow so I wouldn’t accidentally enter the search.

Hmm, i think it might be hardcoded, unfortunately.

If you move your retroarch.cfg somewhere else temporarily (i.e., so it creates a new one with default options) and unplug any gamepads, does the issue persist?

It’s not tied only to the joycons/gamepads as I tried to accept the input using the touch screen too. Pressing OK on screen keyboard via touch screen results in the same behavior.

Someone else reported this same behavior in discord the other day. There’s an open issue on the RetroArch issue tracker now where you can follow any updates: https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/issues/9922

Great! Thank you very much. Hopefully it’ll be fixed in no time :wink: