Can't fast-forward and use Vsync at the same time

Hi, I’ve recently been trying to get the fast forward function to work with RetroArch 1.2.2, but I’ve hit a snag. I tried pressing the spacebar hotkey with multiple different cores, and none of them appeared to be working. I read a few other posts saying that the fast forward function would not work if your video driver was forcing Vsync, so I opened my NVIDIA control panel and turned it off for RetroArch.

Now the fast forward function does indeed work, but without Vsync the RetroArch menu is running at over 2000 FPS and is near impossible to use. The games themselves run fine, it’s only the menu that appears to be effected. Changing RetroArch’s own Vsync settings don’t seem to have any effect whatsoever.

Is there any way to stop the menu from running at this FPS, or to make fast forwarding work without having to turn off Vsync?

You could try going to settings > frame throttle and setting the maximum run speed to something like 3x with the goal of achieving a compromise between a too-fast menu and reasonably fast FF.

I’m not sure if this will actually do that but it’s a good first try.

I’ve given that a shot. The menu still has an FPS of 360, but it’s not too fast for me to use properly, and the FF does seem to work now.

Thanks for your help!

np! I’m glad that got you (relatively) fixed up. :slight_smile: