Can't find Nestopia saves/states

I went to back up some Nestopia saves/state files, only to find the files in the directory (same as my ROMs) weren’t the most recent.

I went into my RetroArch settings for Nestopia and found that both Savefile Dir and Savestate Dir point to “/data/user/0/com.retroarch/saves” and “/data/user/0/com.retroarch/states” respectively. (I’d previously changed these.)

Except I can’t find this directory. “/data” is an empty directory. I then tried “/sccard/Android/data/com.retroarch/files” - there’s “saves” and “states” folder under that, both both are empty.

Confused as to where my save/state files are located - given my game saves/loads fine they must be somewhere - any help appreciated,

P.

I have a Samsung S6 edge and I’m having the same problem. It uses the /data/user/0/com.retroarch as default, which sucks. The best thing here is changing the location at .cfg right?

I have a Samsung S6 edge and I’m having the same problem. It uses the /data/user/0/com.retroarch as default, which sucks. The best thing here is changing the location at .cfg right? I attached my cfg so you can check what’s going on

sorry for the double post ://

I’m guessing Samsung Knox has something to do with this, but I can’t be sure. On Android issues all I can do is follow directions haha

Alright! Thanks a lot, Radius. I’ll stay tuned for a fix. This problem has really knocked off using Retroarch on my mobile :confused: A fix would be really really appreciated

I changed it but since I can’t cut and paste the files on the root directory folder Retroarch created, now the UI is not working properly :confused: I’ll uninstall it and wait for a fix on the default assignment, so I can have a clean install next time.

so, just to make sure:

I install the apk, plug the phone on the computer, run adb, use the command

$ adb logcat | grep RetroArch bug

post the generated log here

right?

leave off the ‘bug’ part. I think that was a typo/autocorrect. I think he meant to say: “I usually do adb logcat | grep RetroArch but a full log would do too.”

makes a lot of sense. I’ll try now

@Radius I finally arranged some time to try to solve this. here’s the logcat file of this build’s installation

the log is kinda big, and since I couldn’t tell what’s useful or not, I pastebin’d it in two parts

http://pastebin.com/3mbHdFej http://pastebin.com/yC4FfQVK

I hope it helps you somehow. This is a very annoying problem to me, since I really like to be able to have full access to what it’s going on on RetroArch.

Thx for the help, amigo!

it should simply put everythin under /sdcard/RetroArch right? don’t need to scatter the files all over the system

Applications can’t write always write to external storage (that is, SD), depending on Android version, so it’s better to put it somewhere on the internal storage.

new Samsung S family is not compatifle with physical external storage (microSD). so I’m guessing that Android is emulating the internal storage as external

when I browse the files, I can go to /sdcard/ since my phone is not rooted. but Retroarch has SU permission, so it can navigate through the system folders, so it creates some stuff at /storage/emulated/0/Retroarch (which is the same as /sdcard/Retroarch) and other stuff (that I’m guessing Android is identifying as system files) is going to data/user/0/com.Retroarch, which needs SU permission to be accessed. and the saves/system/states folders are going to /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.Retroarch/files so is a total mess. It really should put everything in a globally accessible folder at the internal storage.