Can't get joypad to bind

Hey guys, huge RetroArch fan. Forgive me if I am missing something simple.

Using latest Win10 nightly, I can’t get my joypad to bind anything at all in the RetroArch input menu. The controller responds in everything else Windows based and other emulators (SNES9x) - Windows recognizes it in Device Manager (VID-0079, PID-1801) as “HID-compliant game controller (Mayflash PS3 Game Controller Adapter)” and it’s set for Dinput mode on the device and successfully pairs with the PS3 controller. On RetroArch startup, it recognizes it as Mayflash PS3 Game Controller Adapter (121/6145) (not configured) and it also is listed in RetroArch User 1 Device Index as Mayflash PS3 Game Controller Adapter (#3). I’ve tried different combinations of Input Driver and Joypad Driver as well, but it just doesn’t want to bind any buttons in RetroArch. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

1 Like

Ok, so it recognizes it but won’t let you bind it?

If you can get the keycodes from somewhere else, you can probably add them to an autoconfig manually.

1 Like

Good thinking, not sure why I didn’t think of that. Thank you. Could you suggest a program that can do that, or would something like http://html5gamepad.com/ be accurate enough?

Hmm, that seems like a good one to try, yeah.