Can't get Xbox One Wireless Controller to work with RetroArch

I don’t necessarily think this is a RetroArch problem but, since it’s the only app I’m having trouble with, I’m not sure of a better place to start.

Anyway, I can’t get my Xbox One Wireless Controller to setup with RetroArch. This is he newer Bluetooth version that doesn’t require any sort of wireless adapter. It works fine in Steam and with other non-Steam games, and it worked fine right off the bat for moving around in RetroArch. It’s just that RetroArch doesn’t detect any button presses. I’ve went through and tried to assign using User 1 Key Bindings, but, like I said, RetroArch doesn’t detect anything, so when I’m trying to assign a button to an action, the little window pops up and just sits there until it times out.

I think the controller is setup properly in Windows 10. Under Human Interface Devices I have Bluetooth XINPUT compatible input device and under Bluetooth I have Xbox Wireless Controller. It seems to work well in every other game or app that I’ve tried it with, except for RetroArch. I’ve watched most of the how to get Xbox controller to work with RetroArch videos I can find and followed all the procedures to the letter, but I’m still having no luck.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

I am having the same issue. I was using 1.5.0 with zero problems, never updated. Had to because for some reason I was unable to download any cores for new emulators so I decided to update to 1.7.5. Ever since them, both my Wireless Bluetooth Xbox One controller as well as my Hyperkin X91 wired xbox one controller refuse to work. The regular XBOne controller won’t do anything at all while the hyperkin the only things that will work at the dpad/analog and the start/select buttons. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Retroarch and checked everything in windows and the controllers are operating fine. And now I cant go back to 1.5.0 because I overwrote it when I did the initial install. Since this version is refusing to cooperate I guess I’ll download a different one.

Edit: Well i figured my problem, I installed the OLDER windows one instead of the one meant for 7 and above. :rofl: Hope anyone else learns from my mistake if you have this problem.