Can't load N64 and SNES ROMS

Got retroarch from cydia and cant load n64 and snes roms, it crashes…what am i doing wrong???

We’re likely going to need more information to give you any kind of help. Logs will tell us more.

If you’re using the old version 1.0.0.2 then I can tell you that it’s very buggy on iOS 8.3. What version are you on? It crashes on me too. However, I’m not using that version anymore. I compile the nightly builds and don’t have major issues playing n64 or snes. N64 Roms run well on my iPhone 6 plus stock iOS 8.3. They have updated the n64 core quite well. There’s minor issues with the n64 button overlay… But other than that it’s all good. Plus retroarch version 1.0.0.2 has an overlay issue on the iPhone 6 plus because it was made for the 4 inch iPhones. Build your self a nightly version of retroarch and you’ll notice the difference.

Wow thank you so much guys for your answers!! Didn’t expect anyone to answer a noob :slight_smile: Sorry but I don’t understand you got ios 8.3 and you have jailbreak?? Ok I give you more details and any help will be great! As you can see In the post I cant load N64 and SNES roms. N64 the retroarch crashes when I try to load…SNES when I try to load retroarch display 5 or 6 different SNES cores and no one of them works… I have iphone 4s ios 8.1.2 retroarch version 1.0.0.1 I download the roms from coolrom and romhustler. Just unzip them and copy to my ROMS folder with ifile, then I load them with retroarch and play. Gameboy and GBA works perfect, the same with genesis and MAME. Didnt try PS1 yet…but I think with just an iphone is not worth, you need a physical controller… Another freqent issue is that I cant find any MAME layouts (cfg files that retroarch include in folders) I found a thread in this forum with MAME overlays created by forum users but I’m a noob and cant find any tutorials or help to download layouts apart from the ones that retroarch includes… The genesis default layout is very poor and makes it impossible to play… I found retroarch was very cool because just with jailbreak and a few steps I turned my old iphone 4s into a gameboy :))) just looking forward to play all cores wth different roms and also on the TV with a PS3 controller but I cant find too much information and tutorials…

I’m on stock iOS 8.3. However, I use zeusmos to sign Retroarch and that’s how I’m able to try retroarch. Like hunterk said the Logs will definitely give us more information. Then again you are using an old version of retroarch on an iPhone 4s on iOS 8. I don’t have too much information on overlays. Hopefully someone else here can help you further regarding that matter. On the latest version of retroarch you can use an mfi controller or you can use the PS3 controller. There is a tweak on cydia ( don’t remember the name ) that enables the PS3/ps4 control to work just like if it was an mfi controller. You can also try Blutrol… Don’t know if it’s updated to work on your version of iOS 8.