Can't load state on mame git 0.188 (with mame menu)

Hi, I encounter a strange problem on mame retroarch android: I have set inside mame menu the save and load state keys buttons with success. I can save game using the button then choose save location on a button. (Mame normal save process to save a game) But I can’t load the state: I push button to load the load screen then ask to choose the button where is the save, but nothing happen.I try with miltiple button assignement without success. Is someone have same problem ? I stay to mame 0.188 because my romset is correponding to this and all my hyperspin android is set accordingly. Thanks for your help regards

My first guess would be that it’s not saving the state successfully so it has nothing to load. Possibly a permissions issue?

I have the message that save succefully. I lost my root on the last shield tv update. May I have to reroot my shield in order to retreive access on all files? Thanks for your support

I think the permissions issue would be with RetroArch, which doesn’t run as root. That is, it needs to be able to write to the location that it’s saving them to, which typically means inside the storage/RetroArch directory.

Ok thanks so could you explain me if possible how to give permission on shield tv ? Is it with superSU ? I don’t know very well the android world. I forgot to mention that the save files appear in the state folder of mame inside the general save folder of retroarch thanks

Ah, ok, if those files are showing up in there and everything, you’re probably fine with perms. In that case, I’m kinda stumped, though. Dunno what else would be holding it up.