Can't make Sega CD ISOs work at all: Retroarch crashes

I can’t get Sega CD ISOs to run on Retroarch. I have the newest version, I’ve searched the Internet high and low, and everything I’ve tried and everything I’ve read to try fails.

I have all the BIOS files for Sega CD. I have set the correct path to the bios folder.

I have four different Sega CD ISOs, and with each one, the same thing happens:

1. I load the Picodrive or Genesis Plus GX core
  2. I load the ISO for the game,
  3. Retroarch immediately crashes.

I have no idea what to do here. It happens with every single game I try. What am I doing wrong?

Please help.

Thanks

Dunno, works fine on my Shield ATV. Can you get logcat of the crash?

Are you loading the iso file directly or the cue file? Also, can you check the cue file in a text editor, if the iso name is exact the same as the iso file? I have Sega CD games in Bin+Cue here, I had problems with incorrect cue files in the past.

1 Like

Hello @hunterk ! I’ve been browsing my Tab and I can’t find any log anywhere. Would you know wherre I shoul look for it ?

[QUOTE=aorin1;50390]Are you loading the iso file directly or the cue file? Also, can you check the cue file in a text editor, if the iso name is exact the same as the iso file? I have Sega CD games in Bin+Cue here, I had problems with incorrect cue files in the past.[/QUOTE]

Hello @aorin1

I have one .bin file and one .cue file. I tried loading from both. Same crash.

I used to play those games with md.emu and had no problem at all before (apart from the lack of “perfect sync”-like option that got me stuck in Shining Force CD)

Thank you both for reading :slight_smile:

You need to get a logcat, either through a separate app or via PC using adb.

A guy on reddit told me that :

not all emulators use the same BIOS. According to this link, the US BIOS needs to be named bios_CD_U.bin.

It worked :slight_smile:

Ah, great. Glad you got it figured out :slight_smile:

this worked for me as well thank you