Can't save settings with "save on exit" OFF

Hello everyone, I’m new retroarch user and just getting used to it, first I had some problems with settings that would not save and remain - the culprit was actually “per core configuration” set to ON while I was also using “save on exit” option ON. Well I turned OFF per core config becasue doesnt really need that - I like to have every core set with same settings, besides some inputs and that is okay.

Anyway now when I want to also turn OFF “save on exit” option and manually save settings, the retroarch says “failed to save settings” - why is that? That option is useless to me, I rather have my locked settings set to my liking and just save them once manually AND if something goes wrong anytime I could just load settings and revert to my own options - without accidentialy auto-overwriting anyting.

Could this option be saved and work as it should? I’m using the latest stable 1.3.2 release for win_x64

I’ve noticed this too, it would be nice if it could be fixed.

Works fine for me in linux. Did you put RetroArch in your Program Files directory, by chance? If so, it’s not always able to create new files, as that’s not a user-writeable directory. Try moving it somewhere in your user tree.

I have whole RetroArch on D:\ partition and no issues in writing settings while this “save on exit” option is turned ON, setting it to OFF doesn’t allow me to save settings.

EDIT: Should I report this somewhere as a RetroArch bug to get fixed in new stable build?