Can't start Mednafen PSX HW Core

It sucks that my first thread it’s for seeking help, but i’m a bit lost here.

I can’t find a way to start the Mednafen PSX HW core, not with the Vulkan backend but even on opengl. I kno i have the correct bios files because the classic Mednafen PSX core runs fine.

My specs are

Fully updated Windows 10 AMD HD 7770 1GB Crimsom ReLive drivers FX 4300 @4.5 Ghz 8 GB DDR3

Also i’m using Retroarch 1.3.6 stable version

Am i missing something?

are you running the gui in GL mode by chance?

if so, try getting log. run a command prompt from your retroarch folder, and type retroarch.exe --menu --verbose

Got a log file, but it’s too big to attach it. I’ll copypaste it

http://pastebin.com/gV3bnYvT

I try to make sure to change to Vulkan before loading the core and the game. Also, just discovered that it runs on the lastest nightly, albeit buggy.

Not like it’s an issue or somethin (my PC can run the vanilla core well enough) but i’ve been wantint to test it for a while.

I remember PSX HW and MAME didnt want to start for me because of shaders and outright CTD on me or display black screen. Disable shaders if you have any and try again. Just select another core and disable shaders, would be nice if you could set up a core and select shaders without launching the game.

you seem to have the same issue as the last guy i replied to. anyways, try updating first Retroarch to the latest nightly release

Yeah, it works with the lastest nightly. I usually prefer to stick to the last stable version, but it seems this is the way to do it.

Thanks, by the way :slight_smile:

good to hear. :smiley:

Now about the core itself. Does it only run on Vulkan? I realized it changes to that backend by itself. No chance of d3d or opengl?

It really is a bit buggy.

[QUOTE=Osakasan;52452]Now about the core itself. Does it only run on Vulkan? I realized it changes to that backend by itself. No chance of d3d or opengl?

It really is a bit buggy.[/QUOTE]

that i do not know about status of vulkan. i do not have a gpu capable of vulkan nor its capable of running psx core in HW. im using other emu for polygon based psx games.

Well, it’s for the sake of experimentation as i say but wth, now that i can use i plan to game on it as well

I’ll see if i can change the default backend somehow. Thanks for your help anyway :wink: