Can't start retroarch with advanced launcher from kodi-htpc

hi,

on my htpc i’ve installed ubuntu 14.04 and kodi and i want to start retroarch from the addon advanced launcher. i’ve created a executable file with “retroarch” and i start this file with advanced launcher - works. but it doesn’t work with any special command. something like

retroarch -c /path/to/retroarch.cfg

or

retroarch -f

doesn’t work. when i disable kodi and start the script from a terminal i see

sound buffer size: 2048 (512 samples)

i don’t understand what fullscreen or the config file have to do with sound settings. there are no other settings i’ve changed.

whats the problem?

sonnenblume

try adding --menu --verbose to your launch command.

this works, thank you.

but very time i open retroarch the config file in ~/.config/retroarch is written new with all my changes. i have to re-map some buttons.

You mean it’s not saving your config changes? If so, make sure you exit using the ‘quit retroarch’ option from the menu.

i’ve tried both,exit qith ‘q’ and with ‘quit retroarch’. retroarch doesn’t save the config.

no idea? i’ve tried it with the -c command, but still the same problem.

Do you have core-specific configs enabled? If so, you’ll need to make sure that the respective core is loaded (or not loaded) to write to the config you want to write to. Also, make sure that ‘config save on exit’ is enabled in settings > config

works now, i don’t know whats the problem bevore.

but the main problem still exists. i’ve mapped my xbox360 pad to keyboard control of kodi and i can’t change all the control settings in kodi. the problem is that there are some settings that i can’t edit in retroarch. e.g. when i press A on the pad the xboxdrv sends ENTER. but in retroarch this is pause. i what to map the jump-button to the controller button A. how can i do this? there is no ENTER button in the config.

i want to change the settings for all cores, at the moment the only core i’ve installed is snes9x - just for the first test. core-specific settings doesn’t help in my case.

Is xboxdrv sending keyboard events?

Regardless, you should be able to go into settings > input and bind the buttons however you like. You may want/need to disable autoconfigure if the default bindings keep reverting on restart.

i’ve tried this but i’ve had something wrong (maybe skip the up/down/left/right-buttons). now i can’t control retroarch with keyboard or pad. replacing the retroparch.cfg with a new one doesn’t work. the new bindings are sved to an other config file? how can i reset the bindings?

so, i’ve tried remapping the buttons in settings / input / user 1 bind all. i have to change the option “bind mode” from retropad to retrokeyboard. is this correct? but i don’t like this option. if i’ve made something wrong i have to do ALL binds again, it not enough to do only the wrong binding. because of that i think changing the config is the better way. but here i have some problems:

xboxdrv sends “enter” when i press the A button on my controller. so i have to change the binding for “input_player1_a” to “enter”. correct? but now the program overwrittes the config with a defaul file again. i don’t understand what the program is doing.

Is xboxdrv sending keyboard events?

yes.

You may want/need to disable autoconfigure if the default bindings keep reverting on restart.

this is disables. but it creates a new file after every restart.

same problem again: i start retroarch with this command line

retroarch --menu --fullscreen -c config.cfg

and the “save configuration on exit” is enabled. when i change the bind mode from retropad to retrokeyboard and restart retroarch the settings isn’t saved. the bind mode is retropad.