Can't switch to next/previous shader

I’ve finally got RetroArch (1.3.6) setup mostly how I want it, except for the shader, so I’ve been trying to set up the ability to select the next/previous shader while running a core.

For some reason, using M and N to switch between different shaders isn’t working for me. I have also tried binding the actions to other keys. I have searched everywhere for a solution, but I haven’t gotten closer to finding one. I have started RetroArch with verbose logging turned on, but based on my interpretation of the log file, it never attempts to load a shader when I hit M or N. I can’t even see an indication of M or N being hit in the log.

The cores I’ve tested this on are Nestopia and bsnes. My video driver is gl.

My C:\RetroArch\shaders folder contains the following files, which load without issues when going through the menu. They are just default shaders which I have selected “Shader preset save as” on so I could save them in the root shader dir: crt-hyllian-modified.cgp crt-lottes-halation-modified.cgp retroarch.cgp

I have no core-specific overrides. My retroarch config file contains the following shader-related lines: video_shader_enable = “true” video_shader_dir = “:\shaders” input_shader_next = “m” input_shader_next_btn = “nul” input_shader_next_axis = “+5” input_shader_prev = “n” input_shader_prev_btn = “nul” input_shader_prev_axis = “+4”

I have confirmed that other hotkeys work, like pressing H to reset the game or F9 to mute.

What am I missing?

This feature broke awhile back but I believe it’s been fixed in the nightlies. You can either upgrade to them or wait for the next release, which should be happening sooner rather than later.

I just upgraded to the latest nightly and now it works flawlessly. I was losing it for a moment, thought I must be missing something obvious. :slight_smile:

Thanks for helping and for your work on RetroArch/libretro.