Can't update System/Bios Dir

Hi all,

First off I am new to RetroArch so apologies if it’s a stupid question to fix my issue!

I am trying to run any PSX rom in RetroArch (Using Mednafen PSX core) and getting:

Error opening file: C:\RetroArch\roms\PSX\scph5501.bin No such file or directory

The correct scph5501.bin and all other PSX bios files are currently stored in C:\RetroArch\system\bios\

I am unable to update the System/Bios directory. Everytime I change it it switches back to <Content Dir>. Also can’t edit retroarch.cfg to reflect the above. As soon as I start RetroArch it switches back.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Also have tested the psx roms (bin/cue format) in standalone and no problems.

System: Win 7 x64 RetroArch 1.3.4

UPDATE:

Putting my bios files in the “\roms\PSX” dir fixed the issue. So I guess my only remaining question is why I can’t change the directory to the “system\bios” dir. Purely for my OCD self…

Are you pressing ‘start’ to confirm the directory? If so, that can cause it to fall back to the default setting, which is <content dir>.

Also, make sure there aren’t any weird permission things going on.

I know I was definitely pressing start to confirm.

You could be on to a winner with permissions though. RetroArch is stored on root of my C:\ and I do have local admin rights, but I am aware that NTFS permissions can not behave how they are supposed to. Will play around with it tonight to try get it working and post results if I do. Ta

Hopefully it’s something simple like that :slight_smile:

I recommend moving your RA folder somewhere user-writeable, like your Desktop or Documents folders.