Can't use hotkeys in game

I’m trying to set up hot keys under the NES nestopia core with my snes usb buffalo controller, the odd thing is hot keys work outside of game play but won’t do anything when I launch a game. I tried “saving new config” and loading it and remapping the trigger to different buttons but to no avail is there a step I’m missing? Should I save or load something else? I’m using the 1.3.6 version.

Did you map the ‘hotkey enabler’? If so, other hotkeys won’t work unless it’s being held down first.

Yup I tried setting the ‘hotkey enabler’ as different buttons both under and out side of the nestopia core.

Does it act the same with other cores? If you move all of your configs (i.e., so RetroArch can’t find them), does it still have the same problem?

SUCCESS! I just went and moved all the configs out of RetroArch\config (anyone else who reads this should back them up first, and probably should just move the nestopia/core specific ones) and now it works great under a new auto saved config. Thank you so much!

No problem. Glad you got it going :slight_smile: