Caprice32/retroarch(android) how access the virtual keyboard

hello, i use a gpd xd plus, i installed retroarch and have downloaded the caprice32 core with the retroarch option.

some games need an option to choose, and so need to type some keys. in this page http://docs.libretro.com/library/caprice32/ (bottom of the page) it says that the virtual keyboard can be opened with select+down key of the controller (the controller is included with the gpd xd plus) but in my case when i press select+down there is no virtual keyboard. i searched many options to try in the menu but nothing succed.

it also says in the page to press the “y” key, but in my case when i press the y key, it types ‘s’. at any rate, i press all the buttons of the console controller and none displays the virtual keyboard who can help me? thanks

1 Like

I know this is an old topic. Yet, I haven’t found any answer on the web and I assume other people might be stucked like I was.

I use RetroArch 1.10.0 on Android with the Caprice32 core. I’m able to display the CPC virtual keyboard by pressing “Select”+“Start” buttons simultaneously.

Hope that will help.

Yes… it was a old topic but… thanks to you, I managed to make this %$##% keyboard appear! It is now an old old topic, but I just wanted to thank you ! :))