Castlevania 64 Graphics Bugs

Hey guys,

im pretty new to retroarch. I decided to use it so I could play N64 Games like Castlevania in 240p with some nice scanlines. My Problem is I get horrible Graphics Bugs with mupen64plus. Been playing around with Video settings and Plugins for like 2 hours yesterday I would say I tried everything. All I get is Missing textures Missing Models its like the Emulator only loads 10 percent of the graphics and the Rest is a flickering mess. Would really appreciate some help on this one. My System is a i5 4650 with Intel HD 4600 Graphics and 8 Gigs of ram. Using Windows 10.

[QUOTE=Izzokay;46602]Hey guys,

im pretty new to retroarch. I decided to use it so I could play N64 Games like Castlevania in 240p with some nice scanlines. My Problem is I get horrible Graphics Bugs with mupen64plus. Been playing around with Video settings and Plugins for like 2 hours yesterday I would say I tried everything. All I get is Missing textures Missing Models its like the Emulator only loads 10 percent of the graphics and the Rest is a flickering mess. Would really appreciate some help on this one. My System is a i5 4650 with Intel HD 4600 Graphics and 8 Gigs of ram. Using Windows 10.[/QUOTE]

It’s the new core!

I was using an old core to play Legacy of Darkness and all was well… and then I updated all this started happening.

I have been using the old core and it works fine.

As for WHY… I couldn’t tell you. I just know the old core plays these games just fine.

Thx for ur reply man much appreciated. Just where exactly can I get a hold of the old mupen core ?

I don’t know if they keep them up online. I just always make a backup of my cores ever since the fiasco with the PPSSPP error screen started. I’d be happy to send you a copy of the one I am using if I can figure out how.

Is there a way to transfer files on this site? I don’t really know anything about uploading.

N64 emulation is still very wonky. You are going to find many bugs in many games. What you need is a standalone emulator and a bunch of plugins to test until you are happy with the results. Until something like ParaLLEl or CEN64 are mature enough, this is the only way.

Dafuq @ Spam… Anyway thx for ur help guys … when I got time i will look for a older core of mupen. GemaH do u know a standalone n64 Emulator or Plugin with scanlines? I think that would help too.

The gln64 plugin doesn’t have any severe graphical glitches in Mupen64plus

It has the exact issue he just described in the newest versions of the cores. Boot up your Castlevania games for 64 on an updated core, you will see.