Certain cores causing menu navigation controls to be ultra-sensitive

I’ve noticed that after launching some roms and then returning to RetroArch’s menu GUI that I can’t navigate properly because my controls (both on my USB controller and on my keyboard) have become ultra-sensitive, and it’s impossible to move one menu item at a time. I need to restart RetroArch in order to fix this.

So far I’ve noticed it happening on Handy core (trying to launch an Atari Jaguar rom) and on the Mednafen WonderSwan core (trying to launch a Bandai WonderSwan rom).

Is this some sort of bug that has been newly-introduced? Has anyone experienced this before?

I’m running 1.3.0 x64 stable.

that usually only happens when vsync is broken. Those cores both have refresh rates of (up to) 75 Hz, so if you have broken/disabled vsync and are relying on having your settings > frame throttle > maximum runspeed setting of 1.0x to keep things at the proper speed, those cores will run ~25% faster than others.

There’s a new “Throttle menu framerate” option in the same sub-menu if you have a more recent build.

Thanks Lex and hunterk, that information was perfect and the problem is fixed! I set the frame throttle to 1.0x, and I no longer have that problem. On to the next set of issues! :slight_smile:

hunterk: I’ll look into my vsync settings and try to determine if something is broken. Thanks for the tips.

Ok, I think you’re fine. If you have a high-refresh monitor, we used to lock the menu to 60 fps anyway to keep it from getting too fast, as you described, but then some people complained, so we made it an option. It sounds like your vsync is fine and it’s just trying to lock onto the higher refresh rate.