Change in global configuration file that affects all per-core configurartions?

This is a general question about retroarch general vs per-core configurations.

Imagine you have 10 different per-core configurations and you want to change, for example, the key to take screenshots. I’ve seen that changing that value in the general config doesn’t affect the per-core configurations.

So, my question is, how do you manage those changes? do you manually update all the required files? is there any way to inherit the changes in general config to per-core configurations (maybe writing “default” in the per-core options)?

Regards and thanks in advance.

PS. The commandline parameter –appendconfig could work for that purpose creating a small cfg containing all the common options you want to use in all the cores. I simply wanted to know if there is any better way to do it.

I can give you my workaround.

I go to the “configs” folder, select all the files I want to change, right click "edit with Notepad++ (you need that free software).

In Notepad++ do Ctrl+H (or via menu “search”->“replace”).

Then you can put what you want to change in “find”: video_vsync = “true” and what you want to input in “replace with”: video_vsync = “false”

Click “Replace All in All Opened Documents”.

Then “File” menu “Save all” or the icon.

Thanks, Tatsuya79, I didn’t think about that possibility and for sure is something I’m going to use to fix some of my configurations.

Finally I created a launcher script for RetroArch that adds three extra configurations: 1) default configuration, 2) per-system configuration, and 3) user configuration. This way I can have a default configuration for all my systems (1), a configuration for each system (2, different overlay for GameBoy and GameBoy Color, for example), and a configuration per user (3) that allows me to save screenshots and savegames in different folders.

…but now I’m waiting for the next release of RetroArch because there is a bug in the current one (at least for Linux) that doesn’t allow you to load more than 2 configuration files.

Regards.