Change input binds for one folder only

Hi guys!

I want to map certain keyboard keys to certain buttons on the virtual Retropad (in addition to the buttons already mapped). For instance, B on the physical Xbox gamepad should trigger B on the Retroarch Retropad, and pressing B on the keyboard should do the same thing.

I want to do this only for content from one specific folder (or, if that’s not possible, just for the Stella core). I add the new input binds and save a content directory override, but nothing happens… an override config doesn’t even show up in the Stella config folder!

What am I missing here? Thank you!

Input changes are (largely) invisible to the override system for reasons that are technical and not exactly intentional. With that said, you can create a content directory override for something else, then open the resulting override file in a text editor and copy/paste your input changes into the file. If you go and save another override, it’ll delete your custom lines (they’re invisible to the system), but otherwise, it should do what you’re wanting.

That explains it, thank you!

I’ll make a core override for input binds only, and use directory overrides for anything else I want overridden, so that I can update it without messing up the binds.

1 Like