Change the Keyboard Buttons

Hi,

how can i change the Keyboard Control in Retroarch. I don’t use a Gamepad on my Laptop and i have sam eProblems with teh default Keyboard Control. I can’t find any Option in Retroarch-Settings or in Per-Core-Settings. I can change the Gamepad-Buttions, but i don’t use a Gamepad.

Sonnenblume

You can either set the binding mode to ‘retrokeyboard’ and it will listen for keyboard events instead of gamepad events or you can manually set keys using a text editor on your retroarch.cfg file.

You can either set the binding mode to ‘retrokeyboard’ and it will listen for keyboard events instead of gamepad events

Retroarch doesn’t save that. After a restart teh binding mode is retropad. the same with “save configuration on exit”. after a restart it’s “on”.

or you can manually set keys using a text editor on your retroarch.cfg file.

I’ll test it. But in teh past i had the same problem that the changes are reseted after restart retroarch.

edit I could edit the keyboard control in retroarch.cfg, but now the control of the cores and games is changed (of course). i’ve tried to change the mapping in the core.cfg, but after that the retroarch.cfg is changed also. is this a normal behaviour? thats not what i want. how can i change the core specific mapping without changing the control setting in retroarch.cfg?

i can change the core input remapping options because this are retropad mappings and i use a keyboard.

For many (but not all) cores, you can use the core input remapping feature. For others, you can use configuration overrides, as described here: http://blog.andressm.org/new-retroarch-features-2/

For many (but not all) cores, you can use the core input remapping feature

You the “Core Input Remapping Option” in the Quick Menu after pressing F1 when the core is running?

I can’t change the Mappings because i use a Keyboard, not a Gamepad.

For others, you can use configuration overrides, as described here:

maybe i’ve understood something wrong: i create a new core specfic config file in lets say .config/retroarch/Snes9x/Snex9x.cfg. in the example file for nestopia there’s something like “input_libretro_device_p1” in the config? whats that? in retroarch the buttons have different names, for example “input_player1_b”. i don’t know what to do to switch the binding for input_player1_b and input_player1_a only in snes9x core.

i also can create a remap file in snes9x subdirectory, but changing the binding has no effect after restart the core.

You always have to map your controllers to RetroPad

i don’t want to use retropad, i use keyboard because i’v installed xboxdrv. xpad doesn’t work.

how can i remap the button with keyboard?

‘retropad’ is the virtual keyboard abstraction that RetroArch uses. You can map the virtual buttons to your keyboard keys if you want in the the settings > input > player 1 binds menu.