Changes in shaders in the latest version?

Hey everyone, I’m trying to upgrade from 1.2.2 to 1.3.4, but I have an issue with shaders. I already have a set of my most used shaders in .cgp format in the default shader folder, so I can browse them easily with hotkeys during the game (N and M) However, in 1.3.4, these are not recognized. The only clue I could figure out is that now the stock shader file is in .cg format instead of .cgp. I tried to simply rename my set of shaders to .cgp, but they don’t work either. However, if I load them through the Quick Menu, they work… Just in case, I checked inside the .cgp folder, and all directory reference are correct. That’s not the problem.

I’ve tried this both in 1.3.4 stable and latest nightly… How can I “update” my set of shaders so they can be recognized in the new versions while browsing them with the N and M key?

It’s a bug: https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/issues/2931

Until it’s fixed the only thing you can do is use a version pre 1.3.4.

[QUOTE=Awakened;41531]It’s a bug: https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/issues/2931

Until it’s fixed the only thing you can do is use a version pre 1.3.4.[/QUOTE] Thanks for the quick reply and the link, now I know what’s the deal between both shaders formats :slight_smile: I’ll just wait for the next stable release and see what happens.

I’m reviving this thread because I still have this issue now on 1.3.6… Shaders won’t change through the “M” and “N” shortcut, but they do work through the menu. So, I ask again, is this still an issue for everyone?

Yep :frowning:

Tatsuya mentioned on github that glslp shaders don’t work with the hotkeys anymore either…

Oh :frowning: Well I hope this at least shows there’s interest on getting this feature back! Personally, it matters as much as all the new stuff we’re getting on 1.3.6 (gonna have to keep a separate copy for general use for now…)

Siiiiick :smiley:

That’s working, awesome! :slight_smile:

I missed this feature so much.

Works perfectly again! Thanks for taking the time to fix it! :slight_smile: