Changing between BSNES cores?

Just recently discovered Retroarch and loving it so far. Started a game of Super Mario RPG a week or so ago with the Bsnes Accuracy core, but its starting to crap out on my 2010 Mac Pro and my sound is all choppy and what not. I downloaded the Bsnes (balanced) core hoping I can just open up my save state in this one, but no luck so far. I found the accuracy core in the app’s resources folder and trashed it, but now when I pick Super Mario RPG off the little history list, it just crashes so Im assuming somehow its tied specifically to the accuracy core? I actually can’t even run SMRPGat all if I delete the accuracy core. If I go to the main SNES content list and select it it seems like that rom is permanently tied to that core, and it just crashes Retroarch. If I open a rom I haven’t played yet I have the option of choosing between the different SNES cores I have installed. Is there any easy way to fix this or do I have to delete the configuration and start that over as well? I have another game that was started with Snes9x before I added Bsnes to the cores, so Im guessing if I delete Snes9x its going to kill Donkey Kong Country as well.

Also where are the save states/battery RAM states saved?? I can’t seem to find those anywhere in either Library or inside the app package.

Are you loading your games from a playlist? If so, go into settings > playlists and you can associate a playlist with any core you like. You can also use this workflow: load core > select desired core load content > select game That will force the game through the selected core.

Saves are usually stored in the content directory (i.e., beside your ROM), as long as it can write to that directory and as long as you haven’t changed the save directory to something else in settings > directories.

Ahh good to know about changing the playlist! I was actually loading them off the history thing in it, but it did the same thing when I went to the main list of all the ROMs too. I guess I wasn’t paying attention to the display when I load up a ROM and it tells you right there where its loading the save states from haha. I haven’t changed anything in that regard and mine stores the save states and battery RAM in /Documents/Retroarch? My ROMs are all in a directory in my home folder. Im still trying to wrap my head around the whole the configuration and all the options. Im used to just firing up the good old Bannister versions of the emu’s so I was really excited at an all in one thing like Retroarch (I love MAME but the MESS part is a big headache). I managed to get it to work by manually changing the file content_history.lpl before I saw your reply. I just changed the core dylib for the game from bsnes_accuracy to bsnes_balanced and it worked perfect. It didn’t load the save state I had but the battery RAM .srm file was intact. That worked perfect because where I left off last night I had just saved the game and stopped at that point, so it picked right up where I left off anyways. I changed DK Country over too with no trouble. The odd thing is, when DK Country was using Snes9X, it never made a battery RAM file to begin with so I had to start over every time. At least I know Bsnes does it so Im all good to go! Now if I could only get the Mac OS to quit turning on the screensaver every 15 minutes while Im playing! I have the option on to kill it in Retroarch but it still goes off regardless.