Cheat file format?

I’m sorry if there is documentation for the cheat functionality but I haven’t been able to find any. If there is, please direct me to it.

If there aren’t any, please help me:

What is/are the cheat format/s expected by RetroArch? GameShark? AR v1/v2? AR v3/v4? CodeBreaker&GSSP? Encrypted? Decrypted? Does the cheat format accepted depend on the core? In my particular use scenario, I’m using mGBA for the game Final Fantasy IV Advance (Europe) (since it’s the european version, it’s not covered by the database included cheat lists)[B]

What’s the writing syntax? [/B]For example: 938CCAC38817 5F5A4D85E6F3 DF55DC852B91 How would I about and write a three-line code like that? Following the databases’ exampled, I tried both “938CCAC38817+5F5A4D85E6F3+DF55DC852B91” and “938CCAC3+8817+5F5A4D85+E6F3+DF55DC85+2B91”, and neither worked. But I can’t know for sure if it’s because it’s wrongly written or if it’s the code format I used to begin with.

Thanks in advance!

(I just want to be able to temporarily disable random battles on JRPGs :stuck_out_tongue: )

A week alter, I’ve been further testing this, comparing cht files from the database to cheats from gamehacking.org, and I figured out how to write my cheat file and which cheats to use (I guess) I also realized mGBA doesn’t support Cheats, so I tried moving to VBA-M and VBA Next. However, I still haven’t found success using cheats in RetroArch, and I don’t know why.

I’ve googled around far enough and I find a lot of people having troubles with cheats in RetroArch.

I would really appreciate if you could direct me to any guide or resource you think could help me understand how this works, because I still haven’t found any.

Thanks.

sorry but I don’t use cheats, so I don’t know much about how they work, and I don’t know of any docs that explain it.

I’ve been having trouble with RetroArch cheats that have multiple codes as well. The only work around I’ve found that works at the moment is to break it down into 3 separate chests and rename the end of the label to 1,2,3 so you know to enable all of them to work.