Cheats, and how to make them work

Is there a list of cores that support cheats?

I hadn’t used them at all before, but I’m playing Mega Man Zero and farming for crystals is a tedious waste of my time lol.

Anyway, the cheats available aren’t working for me… and I remembered that only certain cores work with cheats. (I’m using VBA-Next… I think… I’m at work lol)

So is there a list of supported cores anywhere? Or is it more complex than just turning them on and hitting apply?

NES/Famicon: Nestopia, FCEUM SNES: BSNES Mercury, SNESX9 Master System/Megadrive: Genesis Plus GX Gameboy/color: Gambatte Gameboy Advance: mGBA PSX: Beetle/Mednafen PSX

All of the above have cheat support, there are others but these are the systems i mainly use. Also i recommend not using VBA and instead use mGBA. It is both faster and more accurate.

1 Like

Oh cool, when was cheat support added to the Nestopia core? I must download the nightly and check it out.

Hahaha, out of everything you have listed the one core/system I tried was wrong. I use the first listed core on everything else.

Anybody know if there’s a turbografx core that supports cheats?

Other than less-stable systems like Saturn & Dreamcast, it seems like TurboGrafx is the only major system I don’t see.

I certainly don’t expect the mednafen_saturn or reicast cores to support anything like that yet. lol I don’t even expect those to run all my games as of yet. (Though so far, only Shenmue and some Windows CE stuff on DC has failed me)

Sorry to bump the thread as I can’t create new topics yet.

I am having issues imputing my own cheats via a USB keyboard in the cheats menu. I used to be able to do it up to version 1.60 & below, and I remember seeing that there was a bug issue that caused it to stop that ended up getting fixed later in 1.63 I think.

I am currently using 1.69 & I still can’t enter my own cheats via USB keyboard.

I use Retropie and my controller is a USB SNES controller & my keyboard is just a USB keyboard.

Is there a setting I need to set or something so I can enter my own cheats again?

I keep hoping each new retroarch release will have it fixed for me, but so far not yet.

Thanks for any help.

Actually I need help too and I Don’t know how to create my own topic :confused: but when I go to online updater for cheats it fails and I tried making my own cheat file And when I tried to load first time nothing happened second time it froze. Anyone have any pointers? I’m hoping for psx legend of dragoon, ff9, ff7, star ocean

same here, im not able to edit/ click on the code to input my code when creating one