Choppy PS1 analog controls (pcsx_rearmed)

I am trying to play Medal of Honor on pcsx_rearmed.

When I enable the analog controls, they don’t work well, when I look left or right or move forward or back, I move “bit by bit”, very choppy like, it’s not that the framerate is slow, it’s like I keep pushing the analog stick over and over, instead of holding it down like I am.

Has anyone else experienced this?

When I try to play Crash Team Racing with the analog controls it’s also very glitchy, even the dpad gets messed up, but if I have “standard” controls on, and just use the dpad, it works fine.

Left stick seemed fine for me (though I need to check more games), but I have odd behavior with the right stick in Ape Escape where pressing straight up on the analog is unresponsive. I’m on Android with Moga Hero Power.

Right, I should say, I’m using a Raspberry Pi 3 with an Xbox One controller (USB)

Tried CTR and I’m getting the same behavior with the left stick.

When you say “the same”, do you mean that it works fine? Or that it’s broken?

I mean that it’s broken in CTR. The response is slow and choppy with analog on and smooth with analog off. It would be nice if there was a way to turn on and off the analog controls without going to the quick menu.

It’s also worth mentioning that the negcon mapping is strange. Analog is set to right analog and not all buttons are mapped.