CITRA New 3DS Core

I did some testing yesterday with the Citra core after the buildbot recompiled it. The ntsc-vcr shader was still broken under normal circumstances, but setting the first pass to 1x rather than 4x fixed things. 4 times 1600 is 6400, which may cause issues, but playing back a wider (~1800px) video with the shader worked, albeit slowly; the shader never worked at 4x first-pass even at native res. (I’ll double check the exact changes later, just in case.) It seems like there are still some kinks to work out.

It took a bit to get the shader, Citra, and OBS running at speed together (I used Threaded Video, turned off V-sync, maybe made another change I can’t remember), but I posted a video of the results. So it seems like it all works pretty well, even if there are still bugs.

(On an unrelated note, is Super Game Boy support or FFmpeg ever going to not be broken? I’d be willing to chip in $20 or so to a bounty on one of the issues, but I’m not sure how I’d get the bounty up in the first place.)

My biggest question about the core is, are there any plans to add the video mode “Quick Switch” like the DS core has? I was very surprised to not see it listed, unless I’m missing the option somewhere.

1 Like

I tried this core. I don’t get a big game window like i see in this screenshot, and like a maximized game window in Citra stand alone. I get two equal sized windows with the game window on top of the secondary display window. How can you get it like TrueMotion’s screenshot toward the top of this thread? Thanks.

In the core options, there’s one to get different video orientations, including one big screen taking up the entire space, big/little, etc.

Thanks for the quick reply. I don’t know why, but I just don’t see anything like that in settings. I checked the Citra core’s video settings.

Edit: I found it! I didn’t realize I needed to have an actual game loaded first. I was initially just loading the core and looking. Thanks!

Can you tell where you ended up putting them? I can’t figure it out.

C:/Users/[your-user-name]/AppData/Roaming/Citra/

Thanks! That worked

I also found out you can place it in C:/Users/[your-user-name]/AppData/Roaming/Retroarch/user

What do these files do?

How did you get Pokémon Sun to work? It just crashes when I load it… Pokémon Sun doesn't boot on the Citra libretro core! and yes, this does work on standalone Citra.

I am not able to install CITRA core, as the built is not working for amd64 yet. Hope this gets fixed soon.

I use Citra_Canary (from 15/04/18 looking at the buildbot) and it works for me using windows 10 RetroArch x86_64. Maybe update to latest stable (1.7.3) or use the nightly build if possible.

I am running Ubuntu 18.04 with amd64 CPU, installed the test version of retroarch and tried to get the core over the command line using sudo apt install libretro-citra. I was told the package could not be found, so I checked launchpad, which mentions a build error for amd64 cpus https://launchpad.net/~libretro/+archive/ubuntu/testing/+sourcepub/8984136/+listing-archive-extra

You could try the core from here: https://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/linux/x86_64/latest/

Hi there! I’m developer for M2 which makes Sega Ages games. English not my native language so don’t mind my bad English please.

We are now finished with a lineup for games for Nintendo. As a personal hobby I like to preserve these titles with emulation. However, the Citra core barely supporters our much older work.

Who is in charge of developing the experimental Citra core? I would like to speak with him about how to improve it for my personal hobby of preserving these games on my HD vis a vie emulation.

Who here maintain this core? I think is you because I see name often on twitter.

Are hoping that Sega Ages games, in particular Thunderblade and Fantasy Zone 2 for 3DS will be fixed so they can play on retroarch. At moment these games will load intro screen but crash when press play

Thank you for your time and hard works