Clarification, to save a per-core shader preset configuration

… I need to “save core preset” and save a core override or just one of the two? I’ve been trying to get easymode halation to stick on subsequent game starts and it only started doing that with… both I guess?

shaders aren’t included in overrides, but the overall shader toggle (that is, the one at the top of the shader menu) is, AFAIK.

I, uh, I don’t think it’s doing that. It kept failing to load the preset on subsequent game starts till I did both of those saves. :confused:

I’m enabling the same preset for other cores so I’ll try to experiment and observe.

Edit: Ok, for the NES Nestopia core, shader on, load easymode halation slang shader preset. Quit Retroarch.

Start Retroarch, shaders now on, but no preset loaded.

Edit edit: Ah. “save core preset” seems to be the required final ingredient in the magic spell. Multiple emulator cores are now loading correctly with their shaders.

1 Like

There are three save options.

Core Opcions, saves the emulator’s native options.

Overrides, saves all the options and settings you see in the interface, except for core and shaders.

Shader, you can save by global, core, directory, game. These options cover everything you need. If you want all games on the system to load the same shader, use “global”.

1 Like

This is very very helpful. Out of interest, does the documentation have this config structure altogether? Knowing there are three places for these things is a very helpful framing that helps with the mental model/understanding of what Retroarch is doing.

1 Like

Once you get familiar with this it’s pretty obvious and intuitive. Still, it looks like it is documented. Overrides and Shaders.

One additional note, the remapping of the controls is also independent (it is good to read the documentation). ^-^

1 Like