CLI not working at all on Windows

Now, I’m a total noob when it comes to working with command line. However, I THINK I’m doing the right thing and nothing is happening. According to the CLI Guide on GitHub, “retroarch --help” invokes the Retroarch Help on the prompt. But when I try it, this nothing happens:

So, is it even possible to run command-line instructions on Windows or maybe I’m missing something?

There are two executables, retroarch.exe and retroarch_debug.exe. Regular retroarch.exe acts like you have described (that is, silent) so it doesn’t spawn windows and messages to interrupt people using launchers (Hyperspin, etc.).

If you run retroarch_debug.exe from a command line, it will print everything just like it would on *nixes, for example.

Thanks, it worked, I was using it for testing though (since it didn’t work, let alone running files!). Unfortunately, going with retroarch_debug -L fullpathtocore fullpathtofile still doesn’t do anything.

EDIT: SOLVED!!! I didn’t put quote marks around the paths. That’s really it. I’m embarassed. On the other hand, I think this should be made a bit more clear on the Wiki, or at least the retroarch_debug part. I know missing the quotes was totally my fault (even though I can see others making the same mistake).

“Doesn’t do anything,” as in “fails silently”? Try adding --menu --verbose to the command. -L corepath filepath should work, though…