Cocktail mode?

Hello all,

I’ve recently started building an arcade cabinet which I want to use in cocktail mode (powered by a Windows XP machine). Mame currently supports this (I’ll have a monitor vertically) but RetroArch unfortunately does not; unless I’m missing an option somewhere? Is there a way for me to split the emulation down the middle and have double I-PAC joysticks working in cocktail mode?

If this question has been answered already (I did search the forum) please forgive my ignorance and point me to the thread where this was answered.

Thanks!!

There’s no cocktail mode built-in, but if MAME has it, you should be able to activate it through the normal MAME OSD in RetroArch. I also wrote a shader that can do it, though you have to play with the settings a bit, depending on the resolution of the machine being emulated.

I’ll have a look at the shader. Currently using the actual mame.exe for Mame support which has made it very easy to use.

I’ll experiment with the shader… Any plans to add an option like this in the future?

Thanks for the quick response!

Probably not going to happen any time soon unless someone contributes a patch. I only wrote that shader (which is misc/cocktail-cabinet.cg, btw) because someone requested it.

So I have had time to download the shader and been wanting to try it out - however it seems that not every emulation will allow the shader to be loaded? I’ve tried SNES and Genesis. I’m either doing something wrong or the .cg file is just not working for me in the option menu within the games.

Are you using the ‘load shader preset’ option? If so, that’s only for cgp files. To load a Cg shader on its own, scroll down to where it says ‘shader passes 0’ and increment it to 1, then go down to where it says ‘shader #0 N/A’ and navigate to the cg shader you want to load. Scroll up and hit ‘apply shader changes’ and it should start working. SNES/NES should work without any changes. Genesis will require going into ‘preview shader parameters’ (or shader parameters [current], if you’re on an older build) and moving some things around until it fits.