"Collections" Playlists (thumbnails, information, filters)

Hey, I’m creating some scripts to generate playlist collections like Mario Games, Sonic Games, Console Classics, etc.

On the documentation it says line 6 should have “The name of this playlist, ending in the extension .lpl” but if I do like this when I select some game I don’t see the option “Information”. So I tried to change my “Console Classics.lpl” to

.\roms\Nintendo - Super Nintendo Entertainment System\Super Mario All-Stars + Super Mario World (USA).zip#Super Mario All-Stars + Super Mario World (USA).sfc
Super Mario All-Stars + Super Mario World (USA)
.\cores\snes9x_libretro.dll
DETECT
DETECT
Nintendo - Super Nintendo Entertainment System.lpl
.\roms\Sega - Mega Drive - Genesis\Sonic The Hedgehog (USA, Europe).zip#Sonic The Hedgehog (USA, Europe).md
Sonic The Hedgehog (USA, Europe)
.\cores\picodrive_libretro.dll
DETECT
DETECT
Sega - Mega Drive - Genesis.lpl

And now I can see “Information” for games of different consoles on the same list. It seems like retroarch uses the 6th line to find the .rdb files. Is that correct?

The problem now is I can only see thumbnails on this list if I select a game and select “Information”. I don’t know if it is a “bug” that can be fixed or if I’m using lists in a way they weren’t intended to work. My solution for now is copying the thumbnails I need to thumbnails\Console Classics.

Another thing I couldn’t find an answer, on any “normal” playlist, if select some Information like Developer, it shows other games with the same developer etc. But I can’t start the games listed or apply this “filter” to my current list. Am I missing something or we don’t have this kind of functionality?

Thank you :slight_smile: