Compiled gpsp and catsfc for Wii

Hello to everyone

I’ve just compiled gpsp and catsfc for Wii, just for testing performance; in gpsp I’ve added bios to system folder and for catsfc no special requirement was added, but unaffortunately none of them worked with any rom, I just get a blank screen.

Another question, how do video-filters-built-in works?

Any help/hint will be appreciated, thanks.

Why would you want CATSFC?

From the blog:

CatSFC

Even though we already have a lot of Super Nintendo emulator cores (well, let’s make that ‘the most amount of SNES cores out of any project’), a lot of them still had too high performance requirements for some really low-power devices out there. CatSFC is a libretro fork of SNES9x based on SNES9x 1.43. It should be a lot faster than SNES9x Next (our current fastest SNES core if you exclude PocketSNES).

The nice thing about our fork of CatSFC is that we added some stuff to it in the progress. For instance, SNES9x’s sound pre-blargg APU has always been quite bad. So what we did with CatSFC was put it in optionally. Even with the blargg APU it’s still a lot faster than SNES9x Next.

Obviously this core might only be interesting for people that have devices where power is not at a premium, like the Raspberry Pi, Xperia Play and similar low-power systems like that. The more choice the merrier.

I quote to my self

just for testing performance

Askot or anyone else, have you tried the recent standalone port of mGBA? It’s so far much better than the libretro one, and even VBA Next if you consider accuracy. *Requires a GC controller and 32MB ROMs actually work unlike the libretro port. It’s an alpha but it’s quite impressive.

https://forums.mgba.io/showthread.php?tid=25

[QUOTE=SuperrSonic;26662]Askot or anyone else, have you tried the recent standalone port of mGBA? It’s so far much better than the libretro one, and even VBA Next if you consider accuracy. *Requires a GC controller and 32MB ROMs actually work unlike the libretro port. It’s an alpha but it’s quite impressive.

https://forums.mgba.io/showthread.php?tid=25[/QUOTE] No that official port, but I’ve tested mGBA in libretro core with lastest commits, works pretty awesome too, I just had to down sample rate to 32 Khz to make it more playable.

Thanks for that link, I’m going to check it out right now

OK, I tested it and I don’t get any idea how it works, xD.

I put my roms on SD root and sd:/gba folder with gba_bios.bin on each folder. Any idea?

Do you get a black screen when loading mgba? You’re supposed to see a simple file browser so the ROMs can go anywhere and bios is not needed.

Despite using 32 khz the standalone port is definitely faster.

[QUOTE=SuperrSonic;26682]Do you get a black screen when loading mgba? You’re supposed to see a simple file browser so the ROMs can go anywhere and bios is not needed.

Despite using 32 khz the standalone port is definitely faster.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, in the attached image you can see what I get

Weird, I don’t know what’s the cause then, can you try another SD card? I can only think of the SD card being the problem everything else should be exactly the same.

In the same boat here with the standalone mgba binary file, just goes to black screen and the wiimote turns down without syncing again. Already tried with different sd cards and usb devices with no success.

Btw the retroarch mgba core works fine if change sound driver to “rsound” and reload a game. Looks like it works with constant 58-60 fps in most games, but obviously without any sound fx or music.

I reported this issue on mGBA forums endrift said he needs to figure out how to fix the overscan

In other wii emulation subject:

Anyone knows has enough skills to add Virtual Memory to wii? I have started (and trying) to add it to retroarch memory manager in wii, if it works, maybe CPS3 roms could be emulated (like xbox with CPX 3 some years ago).

Virtual memory is the highest thing on my wishlist for the Wii port of RA. Imagine playing The Last Blade 2 or Third Strike in 240p :slight_smile:

Yeah could be awesome, I’m just trying to figure it how to use emu_kidid example to make it work, I’m like a slowpoke to understand this