Compiling Mame 0194 for libretro?

How would I go about compiling an old mame (0194) for libretro?

I built Mame4Rage2 using gruntzilla’s src and mame 0194 on ubuntu.

It plays fine as a stand alone build but I would like to compile it for libretro for shaders, overlays, etc.

I used the guide below to build a previous version but it’s missing the Makefile.libretro and libretro folder that’s in the osd folder.

I tried placing those files into the mame 0194 folder but when I compile it, I receive this error:

/home/h/Downloads/mame4rage2_linux/scripts/genie.lua:1372: Unsupported value ‘retro’ for OSD stack traceback: [C]: in function ‘error’ /home/h/Downloads/mame4rage2_linux/scripts/genie.lua:1372: in main chunk [C]: in upvalue ‘builtin_dofile’ [string “premake = { }…”]:84: in function ‘dofile’ [string “_WORKING_DIR = os.getcwd()…”]:45: in function ‘_premake_main’ makefile:1243: recipe for target ‘build/projects/retro/mamearcade/gmake-linux/Makefile’ failed make[1]: *** [build/projects/retro/mamearcade/gmake-linux/Makefile] Error 1 make[1]: Leaving directory ‘/home/h/Downloads/mame4rage2_linux’ Makefile.libretro:175: recipe for target ‘build’ failed make: *** [build] Error 2

What do I need to get this compiling right? Any help is appreciated.

Looks like that guide stopped working once they switched to the genie build system. You could try taking the libretro bits from the modern libretro-mame and drop them and see if that treats you any better. Dunno, though. It’s a complex program with a funky build system even without getting libretro stuff mixed in.

Thanks for the reply hunterk. What are all the libretro bits in the mame core? I know of Makefile.libretro file and the libretro folder that is in the osd folder… Are there any other files / folders I’m overlooking ?

I’m not sure, actually. You might try grepping through the source tree for “libretro” (and/or LIBRETRO) and see if anything else comes up.

Hi, I don’t know is this help you, but here is.

I have an old version of this project in an old laptop. The version is .190

This is the structure inside libretro folder.

2019-09-28_15-45

In the main directory, there is a Makefile.libretro.

Looking in the makefile, there are references about libretro.

Can you upload that .190 src and send it to me?

I also have a .199 src but I think too many changes occurred between .194.

Maybe .190 - .194 are close enough that I can make a Frankenstein version between the two sources.

Yes, I can. You can download from here, mame190