Compiling mgba for Wii

I wanted to add mgba to wii

I also now that wii is PPC architecture so I added -D__PPC__ in makefile, but I’m getting this error:

src/arm/arm.c: In function 'ARMReset':
src/arm/arm.c:141:2: warning: implicit declaration of function 'asm' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
  ARM_WRITE_PC;
  ^
In file included from src/arm/arm.h:9:0,
                 from src/arm/arm.c:6:
src/util/common.h:52:25: error: expected ')' before ':' token
  asm("lwbrx %0, %1, %2" : "=r"(DEST) : "b"(_ptr), "r"(_addr)); \
                         ^
src/arm/macros.h:11:17: note: in expansion of macro 'LOAD_32LE'
 #define LOAD_32 LOAD_32LE
                 ^
src/arm/isa-inlines.h:55:2: note: in expansion of macro 'LOAD

So … any help or hint to compile this emulator?

The mgba core is done by endrift too (it’s a core with upstream support), so you should probably ask over there instead

I know but I’m using libretro makefile to achieve this, that’s the reason I asked here first, anyway thanks!

I asked endrift, he said it’s not finished, also remember, to build for wii you don’t need only the core, it needs to be statically linked with RA endrift said: try with this patch http://hastebin.com/evigocuqik.coffee

Thanks for you help!!

Did you get it compiled and working for Wii?? :smiley:

No … like Radius said after asking endrift, “he said it’s not finished”, endrift’s patch worked, but more errors came through and my knowledge it’s limited in this subject.

I really liked the idea of getting a light, fast and accurate gba emulator for wii -last one that it needed to be a perfect small emulation machine-, but until I learn more or someone can help with this … I’m stuck now

Yeah, I’m also looking for a good gba emulator for wii… vba-next is pretty good but sometimes it gets slow. BTW, last time I tested mgba in windows it performed slower than vba-next and vba-m. I’m now preferring vba-m because it’s almost as fast as vba-next and doesnt have the gitches some games show and it doesn’t crash as vba-next do everytime (not in wii but in windows and iOS which I also use).

mGBA is an awesome emulator; it would be great to have it on the Wii.

Godspeed, askot.

I can’t wait to see this on the Wii, keep it up!