Completely lost, can't get past startup screen

This all started when I was trying to configure RetroArch to play Sega CD games on my Android device. Having no luck at all, I decided to download the latest stable Windows build to try to familiarize myself with the program.

Instead, I can’t get past the title screen of the Windows version: (I tried to post this image in the post, but your message board told me this was an “invalid URL.”)

No button I press allows me to choose an option. “Enter” doesn’t do anything. “Spacebar” doesn’t do anything. If I press escape, the entire program closes. That’s the only thing I’ve figured out. I’ve managed to accidentally full-screen the application, but I still don’t know how.

All the help I’ve looked for on the Internet only says “Select an option.” Nowhere can I find information on what keys I press when running the app that will actually do something.

Please help. I can’t get anything about this program to work at all.

If you read the initial screen you would know Z/X are accept/back and the arrows are used for navigation

If you read the initial screen you would know Z/X are accept/back and the arrows are used for navigation. Let me know if you can’t figure it out

What initial screen? There is no initial screen. A black command prompt window opens for 5-10 seconds, then the program launches into the screen I posted.

Z/X do work fine, thanks.

The first time you run it you get this:

I don’t think that screen was in there back in 1.0.0.2.