Configs

Hello again -

I am trying to do the following.

Using EmulationStation as my front end and trying to launch FBA for all my NeoGeo stuff, for the life of me I can’t get this to work, I understand that EmulationStation has a page, but my question has gone unanswered for quite some time. I figured someone here might of been successful doing the combo with FBA.

Second if the above can’t work, I will have to make due using neogeo just in RGUI which is fine, but again for the life of me I can’t figure out how to load a specific core/config on startup. Is there a shortcut parameter that I need to use to load a config after the retroarch.exe -config or something. EmulationStation does this I think but replicating the config in a shortcut just gives errors, at least for FBA.

The most common issue with neogeo not working in FBA is that your neogeo.zip is the wrong version. The one that works for me has an MD5 checksum of: 4cd74183a7a914d4969789c60949ad4e

You can specify a config by adding -c /path/to/config.cfg to the launch command.

If you change just a few lines on each core it might be easier to use overrides I have a writeup on the feature here:

http://blog.andressm.org/new-retroarch-features-2/

[QUOTE=hunterk;22403]The most common issue with neogeo not working in FBA is that your neogeo.zip is the wrong version. The one that works for me has an MD5 checksum of: 4cd74183a7a914d4969789c60949ad4e

You can specify a config by adding -c /path/to/config.cfg to the launch command.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Hunterk -

My NeoGeo works in RetroArch, via the RGUI, I just can’t get it to launch in EmulationStation the front end

If I could get this to work via emulationstation I am set and don’t need to do the overrides but trying to find a way for it to work is nuts, and I don’t want to go to Hyperspin just for neogeo

Radius -

I will look anyways at your writeup, been wanting to do overrides anyways maybe it will solve all my issues. As i just use the load core per config right now

Yeah that’s what I was looking for, for some reason I always found --config and not -c !