Controller auto button can't play platforms

so i have noticed that every game i play the action/select/jump button is being auto tapped and i don’t know how to turn it off. second controller works normally, the first input has the problem

If you mean it’s being spammed all the time, RetroArch doesn’t even have any way of doing that, so make sure you don’t have any external programs sending keyboard events in the background, etc.

is this a guessing game? we need to guess what game or core is having this issue? what controllers you have? OS? retroarch version? troubleshooting done?(or at least deleted retroarch.cfg)? etc and more?

1 Like

ok so i am running windows 10 and retroarch 1.6.7 and the controller i’m using an xbox 360 controller. It doesn’t seem to matter what core or system i’m running the button spam seems to happen no matter what. I also don’t have anything else running that would contribute to any button configuration, all i’m running is retroarch.

Not even Steam?

Does it do it without any controllers plugged in? i.e., just the keyboard+mouse?

i could try that i guess it’s to bad cuz the controller feels better

ok so keyboard and mouse don’t have a button spam just the 360 controller. and i have tried at leas 2 different ones

Ok, you could try going to settings > driver and change your joypad driver to dinput or rawinput and see if that helps. If that doesn’t help, probably the next thing to try is going to settings > input and disabling autoconfiguration and just manually map your buttons.

ya no dice i just have to remap the action button ie the jump button

Update: so i put in my ps4 controller and all is well. only get problems with a xbox 360 controller

1 Like