Controller button push mis-mapped?

My apologies if I’m posting in the wrong forum. This is my first post on Retroarch.

So I cannot find a solution to the issue I’m having. While playing only ARCADE games, one of my controller buttons (normally the fire button) brings up the game machine’s video correction menu at the same time it performs whatever action it’s suppose to perform in game (fire, jump, etc). This has been the “A” button on my Xbox controller. So I press “A” to “fire” and at the same time I get a band across the bottom of the screen for adjusting the video (seems to come from the game rom itself). Pressing “A” again causes it to disappear (until I need to fire again then it reappears at the next button push). If I use the left stick to control my character, it will invariably cycle through other video adjustment screens (screen position, vertical/horizontal adjustments, etc) causing further annoyance.

Obviously the “Fire” button and the “video adjustment” mini-menu are mapped to the same button, but I can’t even figure out how to turn off the video adjustment part of the button push. I’ve gone into Retroarch and have mapped my controller as usual, but I’ve done nothing special to get a certain button to fire, it just does it.

This seems to happen only with Arcade games in Retroarch. I run a few games under MAME only, and the problem doesn’t show up there.

Any suggestions how I can correct this will be greatly appreciated.

That’s probably something mapped in the MAME menu inside of the MAME core. You can open the MAME tab menu while you’re in-game and see if something is mapped wrong in there.

Thanks. It took me a moment, but I figured it out. I had the “A” button mapped incorrectly on one of the menu selections. It must have happened accidentally.