Controller Detection Issues

Hi guys,

So I reinstalled and started from scratch after my issue with the install not saving in my program files folder. (Thank you!). So I have reinstalled and all seems fine until I launch a game. As soon as the game launches my controller stops being detected and can’t be used for the game.

I am running RetroArch through my Steam link and weirdly when it was in program files it wouldn’t do this. It wouldn’t keep my save games or save states but the controller would work fine. Now that I have moved the folder to my C: it saves fine but loses the controller when any game launches. I have tried to disable the steam overlay in hopes it would help but it has not. Does anyone have any experience with this at all? I can’t for the life of me figure out why it works when the folder is in program files but not when it is in my base directory. So either I can have a controller that works and never be able to save games, or I can save games but have no controller.

Please help! I’m going crazy!

Thanks in advance.

Does it work correctly locally? you should test that first

Locally does work correctly yes. I just can’t figure out why the change of folder location seems to ruin it on the steam link. It doesn’t make any sense.

Try not running it through Steam. There’s no point anyway. Just put a fresh copy of retroarch in a folder you create like “C: ools\retroarch” or something like that and make a batch file in the same folder called retroarch.bat with just “retroarch.exe -v --menu > output.log 2>&1” in it. Run retroarch.bat to play. You can make a shortcut to retroarch.bat anywhere if you want to run it from somewhere more convenient like your quicklaunch bar.