Controller no longer identified by retroarch

I made a post on the android nightlies sticky back when this first happened. Thing is, no one replied and it’s still not fixed in more recent nightlies, so I’d appreciate any advice I can get.

Previously, I had uploaded the config file for the gamestop Red Samurai controller to github and the autoconfig function worked. As of the 2015-05-12 nightly and any nightly thereafter, retroarch just stopped recognizing my controller. all the config files are present in /data/data/com.retroarch/android/ including GS_gamepad.cfg.

not only does autoconfig no longer work, I cannot even map the buttons out manually either. When I try to bind all, it does not sense most of the buttons, and pressing what would be the A button on the retroarch gamepad button layout just closes retroarch, which is the normal behavior for any apps that don’t support controller input. Does anyone have any ideas where I should even begin to look? Does this even sound like an issue with retroarch or am I possibly overlooking something obvious?

I’m back with an update: up until now I’d been using cyanogenmod Android 5.0.2 on my Motorola Droid 4 to test retroarch. Just now I rebooted into the stock rom running Jelly Bean, and lo and behold the latest nightly has fully functional controller support! So now we know whatever the issue is lies between Retroarch and Android Lollipop.

I’m having the same issue with Lollipop. So it looks there’s no hope for now it would work without switching back to an older Android version…